The search function offers German and worldwide search and selection of branches, dates, venues, titles and organisers. The search criteria can be used both individually and combined. In the case of individual applications of search criteria all of the hits for trade fairs are shown in each case. By adding further trade fair categories and filters the search can be extended and improved.
Search for industry sectors
You can search for trade fairs by industry branch (special number). If you do not know what industry the product or service you are looking for is placed in, you can find it using the following industry search terms. The relevant industry is automatically placed into the selection window.
Search According to Regions and Venues
The search according to regions and venues is undertaken via the search criteria Continent, Country, State and City.
The search can only be improved from large to small: the continent chosen is followed by the country, the federal state and finally the city.
Search for Trade Fairs in Germany
The search for trade fairs in Germany can be undertaken via individual search criteria or a combination of search criteria including branches, dates, regions, venues, titles, organisers and the subsequently named trade fair categories. The more search criteria simultaneously used, the smaller the number of hits, since all of the criteria must be satisfied for each hit. In the case of individual applications of search criteria all of the hits for trade fairs are shown in each case.
- Exhibitions in the AUMA category international show the main products and services of one or more branches of industry. They attract visitors from areas significantly beyound the local region. In general, 50 % of the visitors are from areas at least 100 km away and 20 % are from regions at least 300 km from the venue. These events attract additionally international attendance, i.e. a minimum of 10% of foreign exhibitiors and 5% of trade visitors from abroad.
- Exhibitions in the AUMA category national show the main products and services of one or more branches of industry. They attract visitors from areas significantly beyound the local region. In general, 50 % of the visitors are from areas at least 100 km away and 20 % are from regions at least 300 km from the venue.
- Exhibitions in the AUMA category regional are attended mainly by visitors from the local region. In general, significantly more than 50% of the visitors are from areas less than 100 km from the venue. They focus on products and services which may also originate from outside the local region.
- Exhibitions categorised by AUMA as neu (new) are added to AUMA’s trade fair database providing the organisers are members of AUMA and FKM and that AUMA charges exhibitor fees for these fairs. Exhibitions which are new as of this year will be shown.
- Exhibitions in the AUMA category internationally travelling exhibition are trade fairs held in alternating locations around the world and are hosted in Germany no more than once every five years. The organisers of these events generally operate outside of Germany. The fairs therefore occur rather infrequently in Germany. In many cases, the information regarding the individual trade fairs therefore does not conform to the usual standards for the AUMA database.
- The Exhibitor, space and visitor figures of events certified by FKM are collected and audited according to unified rules. Therefore they are reliable and comparable. (FKM-Society for Volontary Control of Fairs and Exhibition Statistics). For further information please visit www.fkm.de.
Search and Improvement of the Search for Trade Fairs Worldwide
The search for trade fairs worldwide can be undertaken via individual search criteria or a combination of search criteria including branches, dates, regions, venues, titles and organisers. The more search criteria simultaneously used, the smaller the number of hits, since all of the criteria must be satisfied for each hit. In the case of individual applications of search criteria all of the hits for trade fairs are shown in each case.
For Users from Germany the Following Additional Search Criteria are Available (in the German version only)
- The Federal Foreign Trade Fair Program:
exhibitions and trade fairs abroad at which there are exhibiting companies registered in Germany that receive financial support from the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, BMWi, and from the German Federal Ministry of Nutrition, Agriculture and Consumer Protection, BMELV, in cooperation with the AUMA.
The State Foreign Trade Fair Program:
Exhibitions and trade fairs abroad at which exhibiting companies registered in a German federal state can receive support from this state.
Improvement of the Search for Trade Fairs Worldwide Using Filters
The filter GTQ helps to further improve the search.
- Events Hosted by German Trade Fair Companies Abroad
GTQ – German trade fair organisers which are AUMA-members offer their know-how to exhibiting firms all over the world. In order to underline the qualitative advantage of German foreign trade fairs, in consultation with its members involved abroad, AUMA has developed the label “German Trade Fair Quality Abroad (GTQ)”. To obtain this label German organisers have to: own the basic concept of the trade fair, manage the concept realisation and draw up the budget and control the international marketing.
The favourites function permits the storing of trade fairs and associated data in the favourites list, the extension of detailed data via personal remarks and the updating and deletion of data.
Set Up Favourites and Extend Detailed Data
After the search you can store the hits, if you want to, and take them into your favourites list. In the dialogue field of the detailed view of a trade fair the option of extending the entry by adding personal remarks appears.
After calling up the favourites list, individual entries can be selected and, using the editing function, can be erased. All of the information included in the entry, including your personal remarks, will be erased.
Trade-fair data stored under favourites are automatically updated with every online connection with the trade fair database and are optically highlighted with the next call-up of the individual favourites.
Integrating updated content in the calendar and contacts
The optical highlighting of updated content can be integrated into the calendar and contacts by a click on the icon. The integration of the update does not take place automatically.